Happy Father's Day

I am a fortunate girl in the fact that I had 3 father figures in my life growing up.
In age order as its only fair way.

My Pop (paternal grandfather)

My Pop has always treated me like I was his own daughter. I was the first and only girl in our family and he was and is always there for me no matter what.

My pop taught me to never take NO for an answer. Find me the person who will say yes.
He taught me to be proud of my heritage.
He taught me how to tell a good story. With lots of embellishments for good measure.
He taught me to take pride in my appearance and always dress for the occasion.
He also taught me to show the ones around me I love them with lots of hugs and kisses.

Den (my step father)

Den is a perfect example for a case of nurture. He has been in my life for 26 years, since I was 5 years old.

He taught me my OCD ways. To always make sure my family is safe and the doors are locked. (hee)
He taught me to be a perfectionist. If it was worth doing it was worth doing perfect.
He taught me there is a soul mate out there for me. (you should how he pines for my mom)
He taught me that throwing a firecracker in a storm drain is fun.
He also taught me that being silly is an essential part of life, as is candy.

Dad (self explanatory eh?)




My dad taught me that there is always more than one way to do something.
He taught me to never stop learning.
He taught me that a good book is better than tv.
He taught me that family is first no matter what.
He also taught me how to shoot a gun.

My three fathers are amazing and I can't imagine I would be who I am without them. I consider myself a lucky lucky girl.

Comments

Suzi Q said…
that is a very sweet tribute~ Love mom
Anonymous said…
That was a fantastic tribute. I was extremely fortunate to have my uncle and grandpa has such great influences in my life growing up and now my mom's boyfriend, Frank (he was my mom's highschool sweetheart too so I always say he should have been my dad even though technically I would have been a different person).
rabespierre said…
this is so nice, really moving. xx hilary
hillary said…
Thanks peeps! Its weird because my dads will never see this. My dad and pop have no idea I have a blog. They wouldn't get it.
Heather said…
I love that you wrote about them in such a loving way. You are one lucky lady.