Wisp or those tiny toothbrushes you keep seeing

Ok so I used this and came up with a OPINION a few weeks ago and kept forgetting to post it.

Wisp by Colgate. See their site here.
So I saw these a few times at the drugstore while picking up things and was terribly curious about them.
What it is, is a 3.5 inch disposable toothbrush with a pick on the other end.
Yes I know earth day was yesterday (don't get me started on that. Everyday should be earth day but most people forget come April 25th)

My favorite part of the site is in the FAQ on the question
"Can't I just chew gum or a mint?"
"Gum and mints are known to provide a quick burst of freshness. Colgate® Wisp™ is designed for those times you're on-the-go and want to remove particles from between your teeth that can cause bad breath. Since Colgate® Wisp™ doesn't require any water to release the freshening ingredients, you can now have a "just brushed clean", anytime, anywhere."

So I got my 4 pack for $1.98 at CVS and threw them in my bag and forgot about them until that day I had Cheetos at lunch. So I pulled one out and thought I would give it a try. So these are actual photos from then. No before because... well it isn't a pretty site. Lets say I am not usually willing to show my teeth.


I opened it up and started brushing. They require no water. It has a minty flavor but its not over powering like most toothpastes. (most toothpaste makes me gag) and I brushed for maybe a minute and I could feel how shiny my teeth looked. It got the gunk right off. Not only did it get it off but it make them FEEL clean. I was mighty impressed. It has these plastic bristles and after one use are pretty mashed up. (Or I brush too hard I dunno). I didn't use the pick end. I didn't need it. The brush did such a good job of getting the Cheetos out. It doesn't foam it just kinda releases the stuff slowly in your mouth so you don't even notice it.
I really liked how clean my mouth felt after. It was worth the 50 cents per use at that moment with a committee meeting to go to directly after lunch. I felt like I could smile and not worry if there was something in my teeth.

Now yes you could just carry around a toothbrush and a paste, but you need access to water and a sink. I did this in the staff room when I was alone. heee.
I felt slightly bad about the disposable nature of it but in a pinch I think its fantastic! So basically it works just like they market it. Perfect for on the go. I can see me taking it to a theme park the nest time I go and indulge in a day long festival of sugar. Why else go really? I can brush up mid-day and continue on the sugar consuming.

$.50 off coupon found here.

Comments

Becky said…
I think I'll go get some! I'm kind of an oral hygiene fanatic and sometimes there just isn't water around.
Thanks for the review. I was these in a magazine and was wondering if they worked. I think I will grab some next time I am at CVS. Thanks for the coupon, too!
Thanks for the review. I was these in a magazine and was wondering if they worked. I think I will grab some next time I am at CVS. Thanks for the coupon, too!