Windy Wednesday

Dress Marimekko Silk and cotton We were out adventuring in Cambridge and were on the T and I said quickly lets jump off here I think Marimekko is close by and I always wanted to go. Close by? Yeah turned out it was a 2 mile walk. Good things we have GPS in the iphones. heee. So we get there and everything is so expensive I bet I was making gasping noises. My husband found a sale rack in the back. it had a lot of "sale" dresses marked down to $300. Then there was this dress. It was the only one. It was in my size. It was 80% off! I tried it on was in mad mad love. It has a giant full shirt funky sleeves that turn up and have an elastic up in them. When I rang it up. The sales girl said to the other one. "where did this come from? its $90 bucks" The other one said she has no idea and the sales girl ringing me up made a face. She was the same size as me. i think she was mad it was such an insane deal cause with her discount i'm sure it would of been insane. Now $90 is expensive to me as it is. I paid less for my Marc Jacobs babies. I only spent more on a dress twice a black satin cocktail for $120 and my wedding dress.(which I got on clearance!)
Tights Target?
Shoes YSL consignment for $75! (again expensive for me but HOW could you pass it up?)
Cami Calvin Klein from my college days
Headband kids section h&m

Now I live next to the ocean. We get the sea breezes and they have ruined many a photo. Today I was going to do the patented hillary twirl I do when ever I wear anything with a full skirt. But the wind was telling me NO WAY not unless you want to show the world you panties. But I in all these photos that is the wind doing that to my dress. Below is great one.

Girly tip. My mom taught me as a kid to put an extra pair of undies over my tights to keep them up. I had forgotten that tip for oh 20 years and was fed up with pulling my tights up all day everyday. Its to the point I just hike them up in public. So today I put a pair of little boy shorts over my tight OMG its a damn miracle.
I decided awhile ago I was transitioning my wardrobe to natural fibers. Silk, cotton mostly as I am allergic to wool. So dresses like this I see as an investment piece. I could get a just as fun dress for 30 but it would be polyester and my skin can't handle it anymore. I have had too many rashes this past few years.
I feel my happiest in big full skirts. Lots of girls will talk about how wearing a jeans and t-shirt is when they feel their chicist. I don't feel my worst in them. No matter how bad I feel (migraine wise) I feel best in a full skirted dress. Silly but I appear to always been that way. Most pics of me as a kid is in a full dress.
These shoes tell me that the fancy shoes I always coveted really are more comfortable. Well these are at least. My Cole Haans too are unbelievable. I am done with cheap shoes. I'd rather have a few decent pairs then a ton of cheap ones that hurt my picky feet.
Comments
Don't forget us little people when you get famous.