They keep getting higher


I don't know what it is but the older I get, the higher my shoes get. I blame it on turning 30. A lot changed when that happened.

A year and a half ago I didn't own any "real" heels. I would have a wedge now and then but nothing with an attached heel. But I personally think I look better in them. They make my legs look longer, me look leaner and they give me this odd confidence. That sounds shallow huh? When you are short its weird but people talk down to you. Literally and figuratively. I wore a pair of 5 inch shoes to work on friday and I kid you not, and everyone except for one commented on my footware and almost all were very positive. That does nothing but assure my warped little mind that taller is better. Eh. I don't know what it is but I like them. I like the faux confidence they give me and I really like that I don't have to hem all my pants.


I can take on the world in my heels.

Well until I break my leg at least. :P

Comments

Heather said…
5 inches! Wow! I normally prefer heels as well but I have to say that lately I've been so lazy about it. Your style rocks lady!
Anonymous said…
I think 4.5" are the tallest I have in shoe wardrobe. With being 5'7" already I probably don't need to go the full 5". I work with a lot of shorter men (5'6" - 5'10"), so I tower over them already which I absolutely love! This picture is so great, by the way!
eden said…
the photo with red shoe is so rad!!! i seriously love it.