How a Smiths song changed my life.

I am sitting at my desk working on a data cleanup listening to my ipod on shuffle and Ask by The Smiths comes up and this is hokey to say but it changed my life.


Ask !

Shyness is nice, and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
That you'd like to


Shyness is nice, and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
That you'd like to


So, if there's something you'd like to try
If there's something you'd like to try
Ask me - i won't say "no" - how could i ?


Coyness is nice, and
Coyness can stop you
From doing all the things in
Life that you want to



Me again. Lyrics over. I am going to go for it. What is stopping me? My griping shyness and fear of rejection? But really what is? What is the worst thing that could happen? I end up staying where I am? What am I doing? Stay tuned. If you know we well enough I am sure to can take a stab at it. eeeh! I dislike those "this is the best day ever" and "my life it now has meaning" people but in this one moment I feel like my life has a new purpose or goal at least.

Comments

Dave77459 said…
I don't know much, but I know that you can do what you set your mind to. Not a "generic you", but YOU in particular.

To say I am wishing you well is an understatement. :)
Anna Searcy said…
wait wait wait! I am gone for a week and you're changing your life?!!!

How exciting! Can't wait to see what you're going to reveal to us!
rabespierre said…
this is exciting --and whatever it is, i think you can do it!! looking forward to hearing more, and i hope the good feeling of transformation is lasting. xx hilary
Heather said…
GO FOR IT!! whatever it is I support you!