end of year quiz ganked from Megan and Masami

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Went to the west coast. Completed a year of grad school. Learned to bite my tongue more.

Did you keep your New Years' resolutions?
Stayed tuned I had 108 of them. I plan to recap.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
No

Did anyone close to you die?
Physically a coworker. Emotionally an old friend.---

What countries/provinces did you visit?
USA only. New Hampshire, Maine, New York, Nevada, California.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Less weight, More zen. A friend whom I can hang out with and doesn't annoy me.

What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
hrm None really.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting Dave into a better place with his emotional well being. Controlling my temper.

What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a better job, Not enough patience

Did you suffer illness or injury?
My side was acting up for awhile. My migraines were really bad at the end of the summer.

What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to Disneyland. It was our first vacation.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Dave's as of late he is heading back to his old more chill self. Annie for being such a strong independent woman. My mom she knows why.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Self centered vain ass bloggers who don't have no reason to be so proud. Random rude commentors. People who don't know how to say thanks or hold a door or learn when they aren't being helpful and are rude.

Where did most of your money go?
Rent. almost 18 grand.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When Hillary announced she was running for president. All the promotions and honors dave got. I like when people NOTICE him killing himself in work and school.

What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
Flight of the Conchords

Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. happier or sadder?
Happier.
2. thinner or fatter? EXACTLY the same. I am sooo annoyed.
3. richer or poorer? Richer.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travel. Enjoy my city. Adventure out on my own. Read. Write letters. Visit my mom.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eat. Complain. Obsess. Hold grudge.

How did/will you spend Christmas?
With my dad and grandparents and husband.

How did/will you spend New Year's?
Home. We don't go out and certainly not on new years.

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Dave or my mom.

Did you fall in love in 2008?
With Chuck Bass, yes. (me too) and Robert Downey again and a vampire.

How many one night stands in this last year?
None. Ever. Tacky.

What was your favorite TV show?
Mad Men, Dexter, Gossip Girl, Clean House. (hell I just like tv)

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nah. I am fickle. I hate you today I love you tomorrow.

What did you want and get?
Computer, friends.

What did you want and not get?
Local friends. Patience.

What were your favorite films of this year?
Iron Man drool. Wall-e

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
30.  Went to NYC and saw Wicked.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Feminine, form fitting, red, joan.

What kept you sane?
MAC(shut up I don't drink) Gtalk, Dave, Megan, Steve.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Robert Downey

What political issue stirred you the most?
Hillary dropping out. I took it hard. End of gay marriage in California. WHY is it governments business who can and can't marry?

Who did you miss?
My mom. Its almost been 2 years since I have seen her. Being able to spend time with my dad, I miss that.

Who was the best new person you met?
Megan She and I were cut from the same wild raspberry cloth. Steve, if you don't know him you are missing out!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Live and let live. It is what it is. Worry about what is in my control and the rest reh!

Comments

Helen said…
I like reading your answers as a nice 2008 Hillary recap. I hope you enjoy the holidays!
Anna Searcy said…
I, too, enjoyed this list. I'll think I'll steal it for my 12.31 flickr shot!

and hells yes to the Robert Downey, Jr. I think about him ALOT.