Evidently this needs repeating (repost from August)


I have feelings and they do get hurt and i can hold a grudge.

I am a grown adult. Hell I am almost 30 and I don't like being picked on or corrected. Correct me if I am in a life threatening situation... ok. Correct me if you are my boss and its a work thing. Correct me if I ask for it.
If you are my friend there is a big difference in advice vs. correcting. You can offer advice but to just say "you did this wrong" well to me is just wrong.

Think about it for a minute, I may
1. Already know and well frankly don't care or agree.
2. May have a learning disability and can't control some things.
3. Am not too particular in my online and blog netiquette and grammar.
4. Just don't give a shit.

What does correcting me do? Make you feel better? What does it gain, feel smart cause you know something I don't? Cause honestly the only thing it does for me is make me feel like shit and then resent you.


That said, there are polite ways to offer advice and there is a thing called tact and some people apparently just don't have it.

EXAMPLE a public forum is NOT the place to try and correct a person or put them in their place. A nice private email would be of more help, don't you agree?

 If you sitting there and wondering if this is about you, maybe you should ask yourself the next time you are "being helpful".


Comments