I <3 technology

I just want to profess my love for modern technology. Yes I know I lived before the cell phone but I don't want to go back to that time. Well at least not pre-iphone days.
A friend sent me some random picks of music on cds (not to confused with a mixed cd this is just music on a cd not in a particular order). So when I uploaded the cds the song information didn't come in. At first I thought no big deal, what ever. Remember tapes? You never knew. Well I made a playlist to at least put them in some sort of category so I knew where they at least came from even if not what they were. The more I thought about it the more I knew it was going to drive me bonkers, esp if I fell in love with a song and couldn't go and get more from the artist. I even considered sending it to a friend of mine who would just KNOW who they were after 3 seconds of playing.

Then I remembered.
Shazam!!!
A application I had downloaded on my iphone. An application that you hold up to a song being played and it identifies it.
GENIUS
So here I sit letting Shazam do the work figuring out the bands.
It couldn't get a few of them but so far so good!
I <3 technology.

Comments