Family


love you kurt!!!
Originally uploaded by miss matilda
To say I have an interesting family would be the understatement of the century.

My immediate family is small and I am an only child. But my extended family well its big to say the least. I have these two cousins whom I have always looked up to. They are brothers and are each others complete opposites. They are 9 and 11 years older then me and they used to antagonize one another with me as the go between. One afternoon Sean was my best friend and we would hate Kurt and then later that same day it would flip. Sean was always the one I idolized. I wanted to be just like him. He knew it and used to eat it up. Well when he finally "made something" of himself he pretended he didn't know me or anyone for that matter. And I realized something. I had liked Sean because he was everything I wanted to be. He was sophisticated and fashionable. Popular and enviable. But who had I had the most fun with? Who are more ME? Who had taught me to dive the first time? Who had taught me to swear like a trucker? Who had helped form my taste in music and introduced me the ways of Vonnegut? Kurt. Kurt is who I am. Kurt doesn't pretend to be anything hes not. Hes a loudmouth, obnoxious, sarcastic brat. He doesn't apologize for it. Its take him how he is or leave. And I love that. He is very real. Now that is something to look up to. (just don't take on his other not so lovely qualities. )

So Happy Birthday Kurt! You old curmudgeon!

Comments