I like a vest.

So I was reading a blog yesterday that I really liked until the other day when she ranted on vests. She said they never add anything to an outfit. I disagree. I am my own worst critic. I look at most photos of myself and I hate them. I find 34 things wrong and dislike. But for some reason when I wear a vest, a men's wear vest in particular I feel fabulous. I feel like I am the prettiest girl in the room. For me that is a rarity. So I made this ridiculous animation of some of my many vests.

I say VOTE yes on the vest.
create animated gif


I still am going to read the blog. Everyone can't be right all the time. ;P

Comments

Kelly said…
HAHA point taken. I know I'm the odd woman out, because just about every stylish woman I know is in love with vests and wears them all the time. But for some reason I just can't get into them. I'm getting better (hey, I did wear one in that post/rant!) but I can't say I've been cured yet.
hillary said…
Thats ok I still adore you!
hillary said…
oh and I don't like sweater ones if that helps! I like structured mens inspired ones.
Kelly said…
Oh, and just a couple minutes after I published that post, I went to edit it so I didn't sound like a total jerk, but I don't think I got it in time for the RSS feed :-\
Anonymous said…
I ♥ you in vests! And I love the animation showing the many looks you have sported.
Anonymous said…
Cute! You need to do more of these little slide shows. Maybe one on blouses with bows?

I had looked for a menswear vest for months last year and finally found one at Banana R. I wore that thing to death last summer. I loved it b/c it created shape and hid the muffin top! I haven't worn it in a long time, so this post of yours is a great reminder.
Rachael said…
Vests rule. And I just found out how to create animated gifs with Photoscape yesterday. They are so cool.
Eyeliah said…
Thanks Hillary, I forgot to mention that. I use Avon products too. :-)

Love your pocket watch (>) chain that goes to your vest product, may have to diy one for myself.
hillary said…
I made the "pocket watch" out of an old lipgloss locket necklace that was
way to heavy for a necklace! I think any locket sort of thing would make a
kickass "watch"
Eyeliah said…
Hey, I ended up using a locket too. and I linked you here: http://stylesymmetry.com/2009/01/20/comment-replies-and-pocket-watches/
Kelly said…
Love the pic of you in "our" dress!